Brie Glazed with Kiwifruit
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves, ground
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon allspice, ground
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 California kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 small wheel of brie cheese
Place the cranberries, currants, brown sugar, cloves, ginger root, allspice, mustard and water in a medium saucepan. Cook gently over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer the mixture until the cranberries swell and the liquid thickens into a jam like consistency, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. When cool, stir in the chopped kiwi and pecan pieces.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the whole brie on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Spread with the cooled kiwi-cranberry marmalade over the top of the brie to coat the edges evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the brie round swells. Remove from the oven and gently slide the brie onto a cheese board or plate.
Serve immediately with crackers.
Serves approximately 12
- Total Calories: 110
- Calories from fat: 60
- Percent Calories from fat: 50%
- Total fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 3.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 20 Mg
- Sodium: 120Mg.
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Percent of daily values: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%;