Hot Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/8 small sweet onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded*
- 2 tomatillos, husks removed and cut up
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons green jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1-2 kiwifruits, peeled and mashed with a fork
This hot and tangy sauce can add flavor and color to almost any dish. Try it as a dip for chicken skewers, buffalo wings, or fried calamari. It also makes a fantastic glaze for baked or grilled chicken, fish, or vegetables. And of course, it can be used as a dip for chips, crackers, and other snacks.
Place the bell pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno pepper (seeded), tomatillos, lime juice, salt, brown sugar, and jalapeno pepper in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Blend until the ingredients are smooth. Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and add the mashed kiwifruit. Stir until well combined. Serve as desired.
*Wear rubber gloves when seeding any hot chile pepper.
Per 2 tablespoons serving.
- Calories 30;
- Calories from fat 0;
- Cholesterol 0;
- Sodium 20 mg.,
- Carbohydrate 8 gm,
- Sugars 5 gm.,
- Protein 0.
- Percent of daily values: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 25%; Iron 2%