Kiwifruit Frozen Yogurt
- 2 California kiwifruit, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pint frozen low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt, softened
- 1 to 2 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 California kiwifruit, ends trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh or frozen whole raspberries (optional)
In food processor or blender, puree chopped kiwifruit; stir in honey. Place in freezer and freeze until slushy (about 45 minutes). In stainless steel bowl, quickly combine softened yogurt, kiwifruit mixture and food coloring; refreeze in bowl. With small ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons) form 12 balls and place on wax paper-lines tray; refreeze.
Meanwhile, to make sauce, in food processor or blender puree thawed raspberries. Over saucepan, strain berries, through a fine sieve, pressing with back of spoon. Discard seeds. Stir in orange liqueur and cornstarch. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Cool; cover and chill. To assemble; spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce on each of 6 dessert plates or shallow bowls. Arrange kiwifruit slices and frozen yogurt balls on sauce. Garnish with mint and whole raspberries. Make 6 servings.